12/1/12

Sautéed Veggie Salad

After the ridiculousness of Thanksgiving my body was seriously craving something clean. Like, how many days can you eat ham, turkey, dressing, mac and cheese, greens, dirty rice, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie and pound cake? Like really, how many? Before your body starts to totally and completly breakdown. I was waking up in the middle of the night with FIERCE stomach pains, my clothes were fitting all extra tight and I felt like crap. I mean, yes, the food tasted amazing, but over here at my house, we were doing entirely too much.

I got the idea for this salad from our friends at California Pizza Kitchen - they have a roasted veggie salad that sounds amazing (I've never had it). So, at like 9pm the other night after not being able to eat anything since breakfast because my stomach was straight up revolting against me I ran to the grocery store and stocked up on asparagus, red, yellow and orange bell peppers, bagged spinach a bag of coleslaw (cabbage and carrots), and a bottle of lighthouse organic balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.

Here's the super easy recipe.

Ingredients: 
- asparagus (use as much as you want, I used 7 small slices and cut them in half)
- yellow, red and orange bell pepper
- baby spinach salad mix
- coleslaw mix
- lighthouse organic balsamic salad dressing
-turkey or chicken (optional)

Directions:
- Use 1/4 of a red, yellow and orange bell pepper. Cut in strips (you can use more if you desire). Cut asaparagus in half.  Sauté veggies with 1 tablespoon of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil OR coconut oil) for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- In a bowl add spinach and cole slaw mix (I didn't measure this out, I only made enough salad for myself).
- After veggies are finished add them to your spinach and coleslaw bowl. Toss with salad dressing and serve. 

. . .and BOOM that's it. You're done. I did add a little bit of leftover turkey the first time I made it, but it's just as good with no meat. I hope you enjoy! 







No comments :

Post a Comment