12/1/12

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

So, I've decided that since I've been cooking so many amazing dishes lately it's time to come back to the blog world. Life has been good - the holiday's are upon us and I couldn't be more excited about decorating my house and coming up with fun new recipes to try. The weather is finally changing here in So Cal and I've really been craving a yummy chicken noodle soup. While browsing Pinterest I found a recipe that sparked my interest, but decided to add my own spin to it. I didn't take nearly enough pictures while whipping this bad boy up, but follow these simple instructions and you really can't go wrong.

Ingredients:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 1 15oz can of corn, drained
- 1 26oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 26 oz can of chicken broth
- 1 cup water (you can add more if you want it more "soupy" my soup was a little thicker)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (more or less if you desire)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (more or less if you desire)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 small white potatoes diced
- garlic salt, black pepper and seasoning salt to taste* (you'll have to play around with the amount of seasoning you add, I'm a big pepper lover so I kind of go crazy with it, but it's really up to you)
- 8 oz egg noodles (I basically used 1/2 of the 16oz bag - you can add a little less if you don't want as many noodles)

Directions:
In a crockpot, combine chicken breasts, corn, cream of chicken, chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, white onion, potatoes and seasoning. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. 30 minutes before you're ready to serve add your egg noodles. DO NOT add egg noodles at the beginning, they will be super mushy.

. . .and BOOM - you're done. . .that's it. It's super simple and absolutely AAAHH-mazing! Seriously, try it and let me know how you like it.



Besos!


No comments :

Post a Comment