5/11/12

Jerk Chicken Goodness :)

I've been on a serious Pinterest kick lately. I'm borderline obsessed. Make sure you follow my boards.

So I made a pretty fab dinner tonight and I just have to share the recipe with y'all. Ever since our trip to Jamaica in March I've been hooked on anything jerk. I've been putting jerk sauce on everything. I decided that I wanted to make jerk chicken tacos with pineapple. Super easy, delicious and .. . wait for it, healthy!

Here's the oh so simple recipe and pics. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts
- Bell Peppers (yellow and red)
- White onion
- Garlic
- Corn tortillas
- Pineapple slices (caned)
- Jerk Sauce
- Black pepper

Step 1: I fileted a chicken breast and seasoned with jerk chicken seasoning, black better and garlic salt and cooked on a George Forman Grill for 5 minutes (they were not 100% cooked, but that's okay because you'll be cooking them more later).



Step 2: Dice onion, red and yellow bell pepper (I never measure, you can estimate how much you want to use) 

Step 3: Add two tablespoons of EVOO to a non stick skillet saute' onions, bell peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.

 Step 4: Remove your chicken breast and dice into small/medium sized chunks

Step 5: Combine diced chicken into sauteed bell pepper and onions. Cook for 3 minutes. 

Step 6: Add pineapple and jerk chicken sauce (I used World Arbor's Jerk Chicken sauce purchased at Ralph's). 

Step 7: Prepare your taco shells (I "fry" mine with Pam cooking spray until they are hard). Stuff shells with jerk chicken mixture and . . .get your grub on. :) 

I added low sodium black beans to the mix - oh, I also added 2 tablespoons of jerk sauce to the black beans because. . .well, I'm kind of addicted. 



No comments :

Post a Comment