2/6/12

A day in the life. . .

Hey y'all!

I haven't updated in a week but life is good. I'm currently sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, and can I tell you there really isn't anything better than absolutely nothing on a Monday night. My 9-5 has been keeping me extremely busy, but I'm working on some really exciting things that I look forward to sharing as they unfold.

On another note I wanted to update you on my 6 week challenge - things have been going really well! I have to admit, I haven't worked out every single day over the past two weeks - but I've been getting in at least 5 days a week - I'm seriously shooting for 7 days this week and doubling up a couple of days per week - I mean, why not? I'm on a serious mission that goes way beyond the 6 weeks and I'm just excited that I'm staying motivated and encouraged throughout all of this.

I've been pretty much obsessed with eating the same thing every night for dinner - I do slight variations, but for the most part I'm keeping things really basic . . .really boring, but surprisingly really good. I've been making cabbage, 1 red potato and turkey meatballs (6 or 7 - 6 meatballs are 4 points) I'll share the recipe for my famous cabbage later in the week. It's so freaking basic, but when I tell you it'll change your life - I mean it will really change your life :). I've decided that going forward I'm going to omit the red potato, too much starch too late in the day. Here's a peek at dinner.
Photobucket

After eating dinner I was craving something sweet. . .ice cream, frozen yogurt. . .I mean, anything. I didn't want to indulge in something I would regret so I decided to hook up a smoothie, and more importantly a ZERO point smoothie. .. yes, NO points. I absolutely love that fruits and veggies are 0 points on the Points Plus program with Weight Watchers. So, tonight I pulled out the blender and created the most Ahhh-mazing smoothing. This sucker is going to be a new staple in my get skinny journey.
Photobucket
Here's what I did, and forgive me, I didn't measure anything out:

- 1/2 banana
- 5 frozen strawberries
- handful of frozen mangos
- handful of ice
- splash of water (not a ton of water, but enough to make your blender actually not spazz out on you when you try to blend it)


What I can guarantee you is that you will have the yummiest and creamiest (I think that's due to the banana) smoothie you've ever had. .. and at zero points, you'll totally thank me. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment