1/18/12

Product Overload

I've been wearing my hair slicked back in a ponytail since Monday and it's seriously been a hot mess. I opted to wash, condition, and blow dry on low heat before flat twisting my hair last night. I had an event at work today and I decided that looking like a hot mess while giving a presentation wouldn't be a good look.

I have a slight addiction to YouTube videos and have been stalking several people's YouTube pages for months now. Some of my absolute faves to stalk have been (thekglifestyle, allthatsgold, msdanti1, and sixtwentysevenblog). I've learned different techniques and purchased a ton of products to get the desired curl definition that works best for me. I still don't have styling my natural hair mastered, but it's a work in progress.

I decided to snap a picture of the hair products I've purchased over the past couple of months. This is what I'm working with.

Photobucket

Here's a breakdown of what I've been experimenting with:
  • Tresemme' Naturals Silicone-free conditioner
  • Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in and detangler
  • Remi heat protector spray
  • Kera Care leave-in conditioning mist
  • Palmer's coconut oil hair milk
  • Organic Root Stimulator smooth-n-hold pudding
  • Organic Root Stimulator edge control
  • Shea Moisture curl & style milk
  • Shea Moisture hold & shine moisture mist
  • Shea Moisture deep treatment masque
  • Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie
  • Shea Moisture organic African black soap balancing conditioner
  • Shea Moisture dandruff & dry scalp elixir
  • Shea Moisture moisture retention shampoo
  • Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
  • Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
  • Organic coconut oil
Whew, that's a pretty extensive list, but out of all of the products I have my favorites:

Photobucket

I'll do a post on my hair routine soon enough. I don't feel like I can effectively explain a hair routine I don't actually have yet, lol. Once I actually figure out what the hell I'm doing maybe I'll even post a YouTube video. For now, I'm just a serious novice. Mind you, I'm the girl that has practically lived in the hair salon since I was 5. . .literally since the age of 5 I've been getting my hair pressed and flat ironed in a salon. Going to the hair salon was like mommy and me time. When I got to college I didn't even know how to operate a flat iron. .. sad, so very sad.

At some point I'll do a giveaway, but not until I have enough people that actually know about my little blog. I've found some stuff that I seriously love and I think everyone experimenting with their hair should try some of my faves.

Do you all have any favorite hair products to share? Or techniques that work well for you?


No comments :

Post a Comment